Desktop PublisherThis job listing has expired
9am to 5:30pm
£30k per annum
City of London
A global financial training firm whose clients include the world’s most highly regarded investment banks and asset managers are currently recruiting for a new sole Desktop Publisher for their company. The role will be based in the City of London near Liverpool Street and it is a full-time permanent position working Monday to Friday from 9am - 5:30pm paying a salary of up to £30k per annum
The purpose of the role is to ensure all materials are formatted and packaged within the firm’s guidelines, to a high standard and to the client’s expectations. This includes any documents that are viewed by external parties, including training materials, sales collateral and marketing material (website, brochures etc.). Other key responsibilities are listed below:
Main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Gathering existing materials or work with course writers and sales/marketing to create new style publications for presentations and/or print
- Contributing towards the development (find, create or edit) of digital assets for the firm’s website: editing and publishing new content (multimedia assets) via the back end
- Formatting and package all training materials across the firm’s portfolio of local and global training Programmes
- Importing text and graphics into desktop publishing software programmes
- Positioning artwork and text on page layouts in various publication templates
- Checking proofs, or preliminary layouts, for errors and make corrections
- Finalising formatted documents for printing or electronic publication
- Marketing materials - Send final files to a commercial printer or print the documents on a high-resolution printer
- Contributing towards the production of sales and marketing documents such as RFPs and brochures: editing, designing and formatting, and packaging for print
- Annual refresh of brand, all document templates, and roll out across colleagues Key skills, behaviours and experience summary
The desired candidate should have the following experience to be selected for interview:
- Experience in MS Office and Adobe CSS applications: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, is important.
- Great Attention to detail
- Able to manage workflow, prioritise, multitask and work under pressure.
- Professional manner, and ability to influence diverse stakeholders to produce content to a deadline.
- Ability to work quickly to tight deadlines and maintain a high standard of output.
- Able to take direction and use own initiative.
- Possess a creative flair in the creation of suitable visuals but able to work within the firm’s overall look and feel of content.
- A methodical worker who is able to archive materials effectively and to the firm’s standard
- Must have a positive can-do attitude, a genuine interest in material production and design and a willingness to learn.
If this amazing opportunity to work for a successful global financial training firm with fantastic perks and benefits fits your job search then please send your CV today.
It is HYF's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
HYF is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Creative Artworker for Ice
Closing 23 May 2017
- perm, temp to perm
- £25,000 to 28,000 p/a
Lead Graphic Designer for Kingsford
Closing 14 June 2017
- Kingsford Imaging Limited
- Brierley Hill
- £25,000 plus bonus & pension
Want more Desktop Publisher jobs?
Want to find more Creative Artworker jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Publisher jobs, DTP Operator jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Artworker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.