Design Manager for Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The ELT Division is a global leader in the provision of multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative senior graphic designer to join our Oxford-based Design team, to produce inspiring market-leading educational materials for children aged 3-12 learning English worldwide. Utilizing creative and strategic thinking, you will work with a Senior Design Manager and have the responsibility of managing projects from initial concept through to final delivery. As a good communicator you will be confident when presenting ideas to colleagues and receptive to developing ideas as part of a cross-functional team. Your portfolio will show a broad range of concept design, typographic, layout and visualizing skills with a solid understanding of print and digital.
This is a maternity cover of 6 months with a possibility of extension.
- Degree in Design or equivalent
- Experience of project management including managing freelance suppliers
- Professional design experience in publishing
- Knowledge of pre-press and production techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of other CC applications a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage a challenging workload in order to meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of automation techniques in InDesign, e.g. Grep and book functions, working knowledge of InCopy
- Experience in creating digital product and an understanding of XML, HTML5 and CSS
- Understanding of UI and UX theories in relation to design solutions
- Experience of negotiating fees and managing budgets
- Experience of ELT Design
Please provide examples of your work when applying, either as a PDF or as a link to your portfolio website (Mac users – please ensure that any uploaded files have appropriate file extensions and can be viewed on a PC).
Salary in the region of £25,000-£32,000 depending on skills and experience. OUP offers a full range of supporting benefits.
Closing 21 June 2017
- The Book Recruitment
- Greater Manchester
- £28,000 to 32,000 p/a
UI Designer for Zoopla
Closing 17 June 2017
- Competitive with excellent benefits
Want more Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.