Design Director (Menswear) - ASOS
Design Director - Menswear | London | ASOS Careers
You will be involved in a highly commercial role, driving the design direction of Menswear product, ensuring it’s alignment to our strategic vision. The role will work in partnership with the Menswear senior leadership team to deliver a compelling and commercial offer appropriate for our target customer. A global outlook is essential. The role will lead and inspire a team of 25 highly creative Designers and 2 Heads of Design, ensuring they live and breathe the ASOS values in everything they do.
What you'll be doing...
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving the product and design vision across the full Menswear offer (Clothing, Non-Clothing and Print) for ASOS own label and brand exclusives
- Working in partnership with the Buying Director to ensure delivery of a commercial offer that maximises sales whilst minimising markdown and achieving profit targets
- Working collaboratively with other functions across the business (such as Production and Brand Experience) to deliver a fully aligned ASOS Menswear strategy
- Interacting with the ASOS Leadership Team, influencing and offering support and opinion both within your area of expertise and across other relevant fields
- Leading a best in class Design team which supports the delivery of ASOS 2020 and beyond
- Working in partnership with the Womenswear Design Director to ensure best practice and consistency across both Design teams
- Working collaboratively with the Brand Creative Director to ensure alignment with the ASOS brand vision
We'd like to meet...
- Previous experience operating for a significant period as Head of Design or Design Director, leading a large successful team
- A creative and innovative approach to trends and design to ensure delivery of an authentic, brave product for the 20-something market
- Experience of working with high volume, high speed and high quality dependent requirements
- Assertive, with strong leadership skills, prepared to challenge our people to think differently
- High energy to help enthuse and inspire the team
- Ability to adapt to and work in and a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong emotional intelligence and gravitas, to drive change and get the very best from our people
- A collaborative, non-political approach
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
Who will I report in to?
Executive Retail Director - Menswear
Where will I be working?
Greater London House, Mornington Crescent, London
What hours will I work?
9.00am – 5.30pm (Monday to Thursday)
9.00am – 5.00pm (Friday)
Freelance Branding Designer - Luxury Property - £270-£320
Closing 19 June 2017
- Profiles Creative
- £270 to 320 /day
Design Manager for Oxford University Press
Closing 29 May 2017
- Oxford University Press
- temp to perm
- 25,000 to 32,000 p/a
Want more Design Director (Menswear) - ASOS jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Fashion Creative Director jobs, Fashion Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.