Corporate Development Associate - Discovery CommunicationsThis job listing has expired
Discovery’s Corporate Development group is primarily responsible for evaluating and executing strategic M&A transactions and investments. The group also supports the development and execution of company-wide corporate strategy and assists business units/divisions in evaluating new business and/or cross-organization opportunities. The Discovery Corporate Development group is looking for an Associate - Corporate Development.Responsibilities:
- The Associate - Corporate Development, will be primarily responsible for working with Corporate Development leadership and Discovery senior management to source, evaluate, and execute potential corporate transactions and to develop and oversee company-wide, mid-range strategic planning efforts.
- Assume a lead role in identifying, assessing, synthesizing, and preparing recommendations relating to the strategic and financial impact of potential transactions on Discovery and on its acquisition targets and/or potential partners.
- Assist in driving the deal conversations while partnering with Business Development & Strategy team to ensure strategic alignment
- To support Corporate Development recommendations, he/she will be experienced in creating and managing the development of business models, financial plans, and enterprise valuations, based on a variety of assumptions and comparables.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must have completed an Associate level training program in banking or equivalent relevant work experience or work training.
- Proven abilities to identify, analyze, structure, and make recommendations on a variety of potential deals -- including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic partnerships with an equity component --as well as on new business ventures with significant cross-divisional or global impact.
- Possess a rigorous understanding of the competitive landscape and global business environment
- Experience analyzing and presenting all relevant market, industry, and company factors to support concrete strategic targets and priorities, positioning Discovery for strong financial performance and growth.
- Proven ability to research and model financial outcomes based on a variety of assumptions
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, this candidate should demonstrate the ability to work independently to research, analyze, synthesize, and present complex qualitative and quantitative data clearly.
- Ability to assess priorities and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Candidate must be articulate, detail-oriented, and have strong organizational and administrative management skills.
- Candidate must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Calendar Creator, and PowerPoint.)
Share on your newsfeed
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Senior Account Manager for Dekko
Closing 14 July 2017
- Dekko Limited
- £35 to 40 p/a
Account Manager - Top Creative Ad Agency
Closing 26 July 2017
- Twist or Stick
- £30,000 to 38,000 p/a
Want more Corporate Development Associate - Discovery Communications jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Project Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Business Development Executive jobs, Business Development Manager jobs, New Business Executive jobs, New Business Manager jobs, Project Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.