Business Development Manager for Emerald GroupThis job listing has expired
Do you have a background in a creative / media agency environment (or similar) where you have excelled in business development and account management? Do you want to progress into a more autonomous role where you can take the lead in identifying new revenue streams and nurturing client relationships?
As Research Media (part of Emerald Group) continues to expand, an exciting opportunity exists for an ambitious, creative and driven Business Development Manager to join the team. The role will focus on the identification and securing of new clients for our range of agency services primarily in our target market, whilst being alert to growth opportunities to pursue new strategic partnerships, products or markets.
Your previous experience will come from (or include) a media/marketing agency environment where you have an impressive track record in sales and account management. This role requires a confident, knowledgeable, business savvy operator experienced. You will bring polish and gravitas to pitches and will relish the opportunity to work with autonomy, and develop your own pipeline. You will need to be able to translate your sales influence to paper, in writing convincing emails and completing tenders.
You will be able to demonstrate how you have nurtured client relationships and how you can drive projects through from start to finish, supporting the internal creative team by providing detailed briefs & updates, maintaining momentum and handling changes without drama.
This role offers clear reward, incentive package and a development path for an individual looking for broad-ranging experience in an exciting area of this independent business. The successful candidate will be expected to develop quickly in the role. Support and training in our products and services, industry knowledge and processes will be given to complement your existing skills.
- Able to demonstrate quantifiable development/sales results and progression in a business environment, ideally in an customer-facing and commercial role (e.g. Business Development; Account Management; Relationship Management),
- Experience of working within a creative/media agency environment
- Excellent communication skills with particular confidence and polish in pitching and presenting
- Good organizational skills, tenacious and persistent
- A team player who can influence others, Strong influencing and negotiation skills, with experience of engaging at a senior level and maintaining credibility at this level
- High personal drive and motivation to deliver business
- Technology savvy
- A business-focused qualification,
- Experience in Academic/Higher Education/research sectors,
- Knowledge of SalesForce or similar CRM system
- An understanding of changing communication channels (e.g. social media, video) and their potential impact on media and marketing
- Experience of managing large accounts, tenders, European grant applications (e.g. FP7, Horizon 2020) and/or negotiating contracts and working with legal counsel.
**Please note this role can be based out of our offices in Bristol or Bingley, homebased working is also an option. Regular travel is also included in this role **
About Our Company:
Research Media is a leading creative agency that provides integrated creative services primarily for the academic, higher education and research sectors. Our specialism lies in bringing clarity from complexity, creating impact and engaging audiences across a variety of platforms - providing resonance and broader engagement for our clients through activities including design and branding, bespoke publications and collateral, microsites, infographics or animations
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Head of Paid Search
Closing 21 July 2017
- Preferred Choice Limited
- East Sussex
- £50,000 to 75,000 p/a
Senior Account Executive
Closing 20 July 2017
- Become Recruitment UK
- £18,000 to 20,000 p/a
Want more Business Development Manager jobs?
Want to find more Development Manager jobs, Account Manager jobs, Business Development Manager jobs, New Business Manager jobs, Sales Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.