Brand Marketing Director - ASOSThis job listing has expired
Brand Marketing Director | London | ASOS Careers
We have always done things differently since we started in 2000. And we continue to be brave in the approach we take to things. We don’t want to use conventional marketing techniques to grow sales and we want to feel like more than just a shop. We want to grow our awareness globally through creating amazing experiences of ASOS so our customers will advocate on our behalf.
This requires a different kind of approach to marketing than the traditional media plan utilising broadcast, print and digital channel and we need a Brand Marketing Director who can help us to shape and deliver what this should look like. We have a strong team of Brand, Performance, Trade and Partnership Marketeers in the business, and this role will be focused on ensuring they have the tools to deliver consistently amazing experiences for our customers.
This individual will help us to understand how we can effectively reach our existing audience to drive new customer acquisition from 20 something audiences who are yet to experience the brand; frequency of engagement and purchase; and longer term loyalty from our existing customers; all using a blend of paid, owned and earned channels. They will need an inquisitive and analytical mind to help us interpret the data and identify the opportunities within it.
This role will ensure that all marketing we do, across Performance, Brand, Trade, CRM and Partnerships, speaks to our brand purpose and helps to build emotional rather than just functional relationships with the brand.
Our awareness and perception in different markets varies so we’ll need to tailor the approach to the needs of each market, while ensuring that we are delivering a consistent brand globally, true to our core values. This person will also work very closely with the Global Trading Director and Heads of Trading in each market to shape clear market strategies for each market to deliver our ambitious growth goals.
The Brand Marketing Director will have a strong interest in fashion, culture and the lives of twenty somethings. All this will help nurture a distinct approach to how we engage our audience with the brand. This individual will be curious about how technologies and platforms including mobile, tablet, video and social can help build a richer experience of the brand.
Working within the Brand Experience team, the Brand Marketing Director reports into the Brand Experience Director and works closely with the Heads of and Directors across all departments of the business.
This role is responsible for the leadership and management of five large teams within Brand Experience:
- Brand and Trade Marketing
- Performance Marketing
- CRM Marketing
What you'll be doing...
- Growing awareness of the ASOS brand in key markets: Build out clear parameters of what the ASOS brand should represent globally and then provide a framework for how this might be localized so it resonates with the local markets. Support your teams to ensure that all areas of their strategy and initiatives provide this balance between nurturing a global brand and localizing it to the audience. Understand the role that paid media can play in an effective channel plan, to amplify the reach of our activity and speak to a targeted audience. Promote our service and propositions, which drive differentiation from our customers whether that’s a new app, greater delivery offer, or customer loyalty programme.
- Ensuring continued growth through new customer acquisition: Ensure that we have a robust strategy to deliver strong new customer numbers across key territories. Leverage paid and organic Performance marketing channels to ensure profitable investment which delivers both overall database growth; and also a consistent pipeline of high quality new customers who deliver value in the long term for ASOS.
- Driving frequency of engagement and purchase: Create compelling campaigns and marketing propositions (which live on site and off) for existing customers. Provide a focus for key customer events and share the ASOS point of view for those moments. Support marketing propositions to drive engagement and purchase from our customers.
- Driving loyalty of existing customers: Create and manage marketing campaigns and propositions which are aimed at driving longer term loyalty from our customer base. This will include ongoing proposition marketing strategy for ASOS A-List in the UK but also any future loyalty programme plans in international markets.
- Leveraging effective partnerships: Seek out and enable innovative partnerships that enable ASOS to better fulfill the audience’s needs. Build joint business plans with key supplier partners to ensure ASOS can offer them the marketing support they need to grow customer interest and deliver credibility to us as a brand.
- Measurement: Work with Digital Analytics, Brand Insight and Commercial Finance for planning and reporting to ensure the impact of initiatives is fully understood by the business. Build an effective reporting and attribution process so we can provide consistent insights into the effectiveness of initiatives and campaigns, which provide evidence for further investment or the basis to stop doing certain initiatives.
- Management and leadership: Overall responsibility for a team of around 100 across 4 different departments. Provide support and guidance to direct reports offering clear direction on objectives and indicators of success as well as establishing a framework, which offers clear and consistent approach to development for our marketing teams.
- Operational efficiency: With the volume of work that this team produces, it’s essential we have clear and streamlined processes. This role will work with the Project Management team to ensure they are supported and empowered to facilitate all of the initiatives we do.
- Collaboration with other teams within Brand Experience:
- Content and Engagement: working together to ensure marketing strategies align to activity within content and social channels, and we are using these channels to help deliver against our marketing objectives.
- Creative: working together to ensure our marketing initiatives convey our visual and editorial tone of voice, and are built on a strong creative platform relevant to the 20 something audience.
- Strategy and Insight: Utilising insights and data about our audience so we can Champion a deep understanding of the customer and ensure ASOS marketing is insight-led and meets their needs. Plus Ensure there is a robust Marketing strategy in place which is born from our Brand Experience strategy, and which is communicated clearly and effectively to relevant teams
- Collaboration with Retail: Create collaborative marketing strategies to grow awareness and credibility of the ASOS fashion offering within own brand and branded ranges. Ensure that the marketing teams are structured and empowered to respond to trading initiatives.
- Brand ambassador: Be the voice of, and ambassador for, the brand inside and outside of ASOS, challenging and inspiring the business and consumer. Work with the People team to ensure that our approach to internal brand values aligns with our external approach so there is a consistent representation of the brand.
- Other duties as assigned
We'd like to meet...
- Holistic Marketing strategy: A strong point of view on the best way to integrate Brand and Performance Marketing within a wider Marketing organization to deliver the most positive result for the customer and ASOS.
- Audience: An appreciation of a 20 something audience and tailoring experiences to be relevant to them.
- Content and social: Run multi-channel campaigns utilizing social channels with a proven track record of managing digital advocacy, creating digital communities and gaining loyalty through social media. A robust understanding of multi -channel content, consumption and distribution, which can help inform our channel mix for marketing strategies.
- Performance Marketing: Strong experience and understanding of the principles and disciplines of Performance Marketing, including (but not limited to) SEM, Affiliates, Display, CRM.
- Solid technical understanding: An appreciation of the technical enablers for an effective Performance Marketing programme to ensure we have the right systems, processes and tools in place.
- Mobile and digital: Understanding of how to optimize experiences and campaigns for mobile with experience working with an ecommerce platform.
- Quantitative, analytical, results-driven and commercial: Understanding of how an online business uses data to continuously inform the experience and proposition. Highly analytical and naturally leverages customer data and insights to drive campaign decisions
- Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills, able to engage and present to stakeholders and influence all levels and across all functions, internally and externally. Ability to respond nimbly in a fast paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity and change. Thrives in a values driven business
- Global: Significant experience working with global markets and managing multi market campaigns and working closely with teams in satellite offices. Happy to travel
- Retail: Understanding of dynamics of a fast paced retail environment and trading requirements. Ideally with previous experience working with fashion brands or other 20 something brands driving awareness, demand and transactions online – ideally with appeal to both male and female audiences.
- Management: Experience in leading a large team of marketers. Can mentor and develop a team with different levels of experience
- Operational: Budget management of £20m + with experience in briefing large teams or 3rd party agencies
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
Who will I report in to?
Brand Experience Director
Where will I be working?
Greater London House, Mornington Crescent, London
What hours will I work?
9.00am – 5.30pm (Monday to Thursday)
9.00am – 5.00pm (Friday)
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Closing 25 August 2017
- RedSofa London
- £30,000 to 45,000 p/a
Senior Partnerships Manager (sports/entertainment)
Closing 14 September 2017
- £50,000 to 60,000 p/a
Want more Brand Marketing Director - ASOS jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Content Manager jobs, Business Development Manager jobs, Marketing Director jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, New Business Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.