Brand Guidelines Director (German speaking) - Freelance or PermThis job listing has expired
My client is a German-English family business. They specialise in packaging, brand guidelines, brand identity, product design, artwork and photography.
Now due to further expansion, my client is seeking a fluent German-speaking Brand Guidelines Director to join their highly talented team and you'd be working with one of their long-standing German clients.
In this role you will lead the Brand Guidelines Department in the production of comprehensive corporate guidelines, style guides and brand guidelines for internal and external use. This team produces comprehensive documents detailing every aspect that needs to be known about a brand from a design point of view, font type and size, layout, bar code positioning, tone of voice, colours etc. The documents are very detailed and are produced from scratch for new product ranges and updated if a rebrand takes place. They are used internally by us and also by other agencies producing packaging for their German client/brand.
- You will have a background in design or artwork with solid knowledge of print processes and a detailed understanding of packaging design.
- The role requires a minimum of 10 years experience in crafting detailed corporate guidelines, brand guidelines, style guides or annual reports.
- The majority of our guidelines are for the German, Austrian and Swiss markets, therefore you must be a fluent German speaker and your written German is required to be grammatically perfect.
- You must be a conceptual thinker and have a highly logical, systematic approach to your work.
- An eye for detail is essential and you must be highly precise.
- You will also be a strong leader with experience of people management.
- Having to work with internal and external contacts you will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have an ability to build strong and lasting relationships.
- Display excellent organisational and time management skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to work independently managing multiple, concurrent projects. You will be self motivated and thrive in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in InDesign and Illustrator CS5, is essential. Experience in Photoshop would be advantageous. You must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Please note: This is not a creative role and has minimal design responsibility.
- To run the brand guidelines department ensuring new and existing guidelines are of the highest possible standard and to guarantee the technical accuracy of all guidelines documentation.
- Lead and mentor members of a small team to ensure consistent high standards, completion of all projects to deadlines and to provide continuous development.
- Provide expert advice to the design and artwork departments about which master elements of the new brands need to be prepared, artworked or retouched before work can commence on the guidelines.
- Systematically and logically analyse the projects, and advise on the most logical structure and content of guidelines.
- Understand which elements of the new brands need to be included, explained and detailed in the guidelines.
- Foresee, identify, discuss and solve any potential problems in relation to creating new brands.
- Oversee the setting up of new guidelines in German based on existing templates and guideline examples including the design and layout of individual pages.
- Ensure that all design examples within the guideline are consistent and fully comply with all associated guidelines.
- Ensure that guidelines are clear, logical, comprehensive and easy to understand for any potential internal or external user.
- Liaise internally to discuss, manage and implement changes until final approval.
This is such an exciting and niche role and a great opportunity to join this growing company.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Integrated Editorial Designer - Luxury Lifestyle Brand
Closing 28 July 2017
- Creative Recruitment
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Midweight Visual Designer
Closing 18 August 2017
Want more Brand Guidelines Director (German speaking) - Freelance or Perm jobs?
Want to find more Creative Director jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Design Director jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Creative Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.