Brand Copywriter French & English for citizenM
The copywriter will be part of the Brand & Communications team and is responsible for generating all sorts of copy for all online and offline channels. As a brand copy guardian the copywriter is also responsible to implement and further develop the brand’s tone of voice and ensure that creative copy is consistent with the brand voice and available in English and French.
- generate original and creative copy ideas for online and offline channels, that grab the attention of the target audience
- create copy in line with the stakeholders’ core message, target audience and objectives
- develop visual and copy ideas/concepts together with the production team
- oversee the production phase until project completion
- work with our internal clients (various departments within the company) to ensure the citizenM tone of voice is represented consistently across all channels
- develop projects that contribute to a strong English and French brand identity and accurately describe the citizenM story
- translate and localise the brand tone of voice into French and other English speaking cultures and make sure that people understand our sense of humor and brand personality
- ensuring that the external communication and all of the content on the website is consistent with citizenM English and French guidelines
- actively seek out content that needs to be corrected in both English and French
- create English and French content guidelines and keep them updated as part of the brand guides
- improve existing English and French content so that it is consistent with our guidelines
qualifications / skills
- at least 5 years of experience in a copywriting or similar marketing position
- native in English and fluent/native in French: you must have impeccable writing skills in English and a perfect understanding of the French language
- highly creative and imaginative: able to create and easily switch between long and short copy, commercial and editorial, for owned and external external channels, and B2B and B2C communication
- team player but also able to work independently
- self-motivated organized with an eye for detail
- able to work with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment on short and long term projects
- social perceptiveness: an interest in travel, lifestyle, food, commerce, (popular) culture, and new advertising trends and techniques understand the different language styles that appeal to different target markets or different global audiences
- have a great sense of humour!
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.