3D Artist Data Prep/ Modelling for MackevisionThis job listing has expired
Looking for someone with a passion for both 3D and CGI paired with comprehensive software data prep/modelling skills to prepare high quality CAD and 3D files for various components and objects, and assist Senior Artists to ensure the smooth running of projects on time and on budget. Less experienced candidates will receive training if necessary and if the minimum level of experience needed is met. You’ll further play a key role in the creation of high quality, high poly and low poly models (predominantly automotive), for use in various marketing materials (e.g. brochures, websites, apps, configurators etc.). Prepare CAD, texture and create materials for CGI.
- Prepare CAD and 3D files, including surfacing, texturing, naming and layering
- Proactively develop personal modelling and 3D skills using Maya and/or Deltagen tools
- Continually look to develop lighting and rendering skills using the chosen render engines
- Photograph textures and references when needed
- Manipulate hard surface CAD geometry by separating surfaces through the use of Deltagen
- To UV unwrap all tessellated surface geometry using a chosen application
- Run projects on time and to budget
- Understand and follow all modelling production workflows and procedures, ensuring all data assets produced meet the required specification through quality checks
- Ability to model accurately from reference photographs as well as physical samples
- To UV unwrap complex modelled geometry without stretching using a chosen application
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum GCSE standard English/Maths
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven Adobe Photoshop software skills at intermediate level
- Experience of 3D software package
- Ability to work with Maya/ sculpting software
- MS Office skills - Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience of working within an active CG production team
- Be receptive to constructive criticism and learn from it
- Strong eye for detail
- Interest in the Automotive Industry, Multimedia, Web applications, CGI films
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines and within a structured team
- Realtime model build up and optimisation
- Deltagen software knowledge or similar realtime software knowledge preferable
The job is for a full time permanent position however at occasions we do require support from FRELANCERS who must be able to commute to Midlands. If you are Freelancer and would like to apply please send your CV/portfolio/cover letter.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more 3D Artist Data Prep/ Modelling jobs?
Want to find more CAD Manager jobs, CAD Technician jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, 3D Animator jobs, CG Modeller jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.