Junior Designer for Tomorrow People BirminghamThis job listing has expired
Birmingham based Tomorrow People are looking for a junior designer who is bursting with ideas and inspiration. We want someone with a passion for all things digital, someone who isn’t afraid to be challenged and someone who can really work as part of a team.
Talent and creativity are crucial - we work at the cutting edge of marketing communications: inbound and content marketing. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your design skills and career while working on innovative and exciting projects.
Think you’re up to the job? Send your CV and samples of work.
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
- Upto 1 years’ experience working in a digital agency
- Adobe creative suite – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator (not essential but a bonus - After Effects, Fireworks, Dreamweaver)
- BA Hons degree or equivalent in Design, Digital and/or Visual Communications
- Solid design skills in typography, colour and composition
- Be able to interpret a creative brief and deliver solutions that realise, if not exceed expectations
- Forward thinking and vocal with ideas
- A sharp eye for detail
- Positive attitude to learning
- First-rate communication skills
- Be quick to spot and react to ever changing design trends
- Organised and able to deliver to a deadline
Role and responsibility:
- Works with creative team members to provide professional recommendations on clients creative strategies for developing strong content brands.
- Conceives ideas, concepts, and campaigns in response to client brief; designs and produces work with other team members and coordinates in the creation of multifaceted communication materials for digital output. To include: digital brochures, infographics static and interactive, slideshare, blog images, email design, prezi, social media platform graphics, exhibition assets and collateral, DM and all derivatives for promotion of collateral online.
- Work on Adobe creative suite 6 designing different types of layouts & illustrations, web design layout & typography according to brand guidelines
- Produce visual solutions to clients communication needs using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness.
- Determine style, technique, and medium best suited to an organisations marketing strategies
- Awareness of printing techniques, types of paper or canvas (size, weight) and display options (exhibition, interactive display) and finalizing prints for display
- Keeps abreast of current trends in the digital space by conducting the necessary researches
- Awareness of current trends in the digital space, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding of costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design
Added extras that would be nice to have:
- A knowledge of the technical constraints of designing for print and digital
- Articulating ideas and concepts to clients for discussion and approval
- Understanding of designing ‘on brand’ and developing into ‘Great Content Brands’
- An understanding of Content Marketing and associated design requirements eg. Infographics, digital brochure design for Uberflip or similar platform, blog images, slide shares, cartoons/illustration, social media graphics, prezi and anything else you can think of!
- An understanding of front end website design and structure
- Design and creation of animations for the web
The role is all about being creative and not scared to share your opinion and ideas. If you have a voice then let it be heard! No shrinking violets please.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Mid-Weight Visual Designer - Central London - up to £50,000 start ASAP
- Central London
- £30,000 to 50,000 p/a
Graphic Designer start ASAP
- Union Jackson* - Join The Design Party!
- £28,000 to 36,000 p/a