Senior Digital Designer for MyBuilder.comThis job listing has expired
MyBuilder.com is looking for a Senior Digital Designer. We’re an established startup based in the heart of Clerkenwell. We love what we do. We know we’re making a difference, and that makes our jobs incredibly rewarding. Here’s why a designer who shares our ambitions and values will want to work with us:
- We believe in design. We understand the impact a well-executed, customer-focused design can have. With tens of thousands of active users, there are tangible benefits to striving for perfection. We need someone that lives and breathes design to help us achieve this.
- We’re a small, talented team. We work closely together to craft something that’s truly remarkable. We’ll demand the best from you and your designs. We’ll expect you to demand the same from us.
- We get the right things done. We focus on projects we intend to finish. Our world class development team ensures that we can do this quickly. Your design should be seen and used by our customers, rather than languishing in a never-ending production process.
- We’re innovative, successful, and growing. We’ve created an award-winning product, but we haven’t stopped there. We’re continually improving the product and our processes. The business is taking off, so there are plenty of interesting projects for you to sink your teeth into.
We’re still small, so your role could change over time if you want it to. At the moment, however, a typical working day could look something like this:
- Create a stunning visual design in the tools of your choice.
- Iterate the design based on discussions with the marketing, development and product teams.
- Make a cup of espresso made with Workshop beans and one of three espresso machines.
- Sketch through rough ideas for a new area of the site, mobile app or print materials.
- Discuss those ideas with the team, discarding most of them and keeping only the best bits.
- Argue passionately about the latest Internet trends and how they apply to our customers.
- Produce an HTML / CSS template of the design.
- Observe a usability test or customer interview.
- Fight the occasional Nerf war.
MyBuilder.com started with an original idea back in 2004, because our founder was a tradesman who experienced the dysfunctional industry firsthand. Since then, we’ve worked hard to create an award-winning web marketplace that matches homeowners with reliable tradesmen. We won Seedcamp in 2007, received numerous other business and entrepreneurial awards, and have heavyweight backing from Travis Perkins, Channel 4, and many well known internet angel investors.
We’ve accomplished a lot so far, but we’re still a startup – with lots of exciting projects in the pipeline. We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate. We are a close-knit team who love the web, and who are proud to be contributing to a successful and expanding business that is making a real difference.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Front End Developer start Immediate
- Central London
- perm, temp to perm
- £25,000 to 40,000 p/a
Junior Designer start ASAP
- Digital Gurus
- Central London
- £16 to 20 p/a