Design Director for INKThis job listing has expired
DESIGN DIRECTOR - LONDON
This position is based in our head office in London
Reporting to: Executive Creative Director
Ink connects companies with travellers. In doing so, we help our clients to achieve their commercial objectives. Our media gives our advertising customers the opportunity to reach a captive audience of affluent travellers at a time when they are uniquely receptive to marketing messages.
Ink is looking for a Design Director to head up the design department in Ink’s London HQ. The candidate will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of 15-20 people, creating an award winning portfolio of individual titles, overseeing pitches and winning new business. Ink currently produces 32 print magazines and associated digital products from four global offices (London, Singapore, New York and Atlanta).
- Developing design concepts and producing sample spreads for new business pitches, and presenting these to potential clients.
- Departmental management including nurturing existing and new talent, distribution of workloads and creative staff recruitment.
- To constantly evolve existing magazines and digital products.
- Maintaining and creating departmental procedures to be followed by editorial, repro, production and design departments.
- Keeping abreast of design trends, both in the print, digital and the travel industry.
- Maintaining and improving the database of illustrators, photographers, typographers and freelance designers.
- Looking after the visual identity of the company.
- Hosting design meetings and inspiring our creative talent across the company.
- selecting award entries.
- An award winning portfolio of ideas and publications.
- At least 5-10 years experience as an Art Director in the print industry.
- Management experience
- Full understanding of print process / production and full creative suite and supporting programs.
- Presentation or agency experience.
Ink is a travel media company. We help our customers achieve their commercial objectives by connecting companies with travellers.
As well as being the largest publisher of inflight magazines in the world, Ink reaches a captive audience of hundreds of millions of travellers each year with targeted digital advertising on print-at-home boarding passes and inflight entertainment systems, inflight retail publications, and by producing the Airline Retail Conference in Europe and Asia.
Airline clients around the world include Air Macau, AirTran Airways, Bangkok Airways, bmi, bmibaby, Brussels Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Delta Air Lines, easyJet, Germanwings, Gulf Air, Jazeera Airways, Jet2.com, Jetstar Airlines, Jetstar Asia Airways, KLM, Mandala Airlines, Martinair, PrivatAir, Ryanair, SA Express, Thai Airways, Tiger Airways, Thomas Cook, United Airlines, vivaAerobus and Wizz Air. The company also produces Metropolitan for Eurostar, CNBC Business magazine, Time Out Singapore magazine, TurboJet Horizon for the world’s largest ferry company, and Carlson Wagonlit Connect.
Ink serves advertisers and airlines in over 100 countries, and has offices in London, New York, Shanghai, Singapore and Atlanta. Please refer to www.ink-global.com for more information.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Junior Designer start ASAP
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- Central London
- £22,000 to 25,000 p/a
MW 3D Retail Designer start asap
- RedSofa London
- Central London
- £25,000 to 45,000 p/a