Studio ManagerThis job listing has expired
In house design and artworking team is looking for a Design and Production Supervisor to cover maternity leave.
The department is responsible for a range of work that’s includes newsletters, brochures, posters, lapel badges, in-house certificates and general meeting documents. The post holder has supervisory responsibility for a small team of print production staff, including a Design and Production Officer.
You will take an active part in all areas of work in the Section, frequently working on production jobs at times of high loading. The post holder is also required to liaise with and advise customers on all aspects of print requirements, identifying appropriate media and processes. You are required to have an in-depth knowledge of print related design, print buying and the ability to design and produce artwork using Adobe Creative Suite, sometimes with short lead times. Oversight of section expenditure and internal cost recovery is required.
1. Deliver the printing programme by:
• supervising and undertaking preparation, design or artwork across all divisions;
• ensuring that all design and artwork follows accepted design policy;
• proofing internal documents prior to printing;
• producing records and reports for Management use;
• liaising with and advising customers on requirements.
2. Manage expenditure and the costing system for all internal jobs including:
• originating divisional requisitions when required;
• reviewing finance reports and taking necessary corrective action;
• ensuring requisitions, orders and payments are properly processed.
3. Has responsibility, in liaison with the Procurement and Contracts Officer, for specifying and purchasing both routine and specialised printing services from outside trade suppliers and ensuring the highest quality, cost and speed of production.
4. Supervise, on an ongoing basis, a small team by:
• negotiating objectives and regularly assessing performance and training needs, and providing feedback to the team;
• assisting with all aspects of operations as necessary;
• advising on practical print related issues;
• conducting performance appraisals for all members of the Section;
• ensuring that procedures and checklists are in place;
• communicating regularly with team members to ensure they are informed on all aspects of Printing and operations, policies and procedures;
• providing on-the-job training to staff to develop their skills and assist them in keeping up with technology development.
• Excellent InDesign skills.
• File conversions; i.e. OCR for scanned text and creating PDF files for print and online.
• Good knowledge of Excel.
• Excellent knowledge of Word.
• Proficiency in Photoshop.
• Proficiency in Illustrator.
• A good eye for design and high production standards.
• An understanding of printing terms and artworking requirements.
• Ability to write print specs for print buying.
• Ability to manage staff and their development.
• An understanding of the capability of mono and colour printers including Imposition software.
• Good grasp of English grammar and punctuation.
• Knowledge of, if not experience in, most methods of printing with an understanding of materials and processes involved;
• Experience of managing staff;
• Good IT skills (Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator) to produce artwork using a PC/Apple Mac.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Web Traffic Manager start 13/05/2013
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- East London
- £20,000 to 22,000 p/a
Creative Services Manager start 03/06/2013
- West London
- £40,000 to 50,000 p/a