Artworker - International team for ASOSThis job listing has expired
Artworker – International Team
Founded in 2000, ASOS is the UK's largest independent online fashion retailer.
ASOS is the third most visited apparel website on the planet (comscore data April 2011) and offers over 50,000 products across 850 brands. Sales for the financial year ending 31 March 2011 were £339.7 million. With over 900 employees based in the UK and starting to recruit internationally, ASOS continues to grow internationally with 50% of retail sales now coming from outside of the UK.
Our ambition is to win the global online fashion race, having set ourselves a target to reach £1bn annual sales by 2015. Therefore it is integral that ASOS continues to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
The International Creative team produce localised and bespoke content for our International sites including website homepages, landing pages, affiliate banners, online editorial features, newsletters, social media, digital PR material and look books, video and blogs. They also work on occasional print based project, for example invites for events. Working as part of a busy team, the Artworker will prepare all work ready for coding.
- Artwork of International homepages, feature pages and newsletters.
- Work closely with design team
- Artwork of Brand, Promotional and sale pages.
- Artwork of affiliate banners and creating animated GIFs
- Artwork and prepare assets for the content management system (CMS)
- Administer images on the CMS
- Actively aware of all areas of design, fashion and brands
- Understanding of design scamps as set by designers
- Support colleagues with technical expertise
- Ensuring all print and web projects are executed within time line and schedule
- Managing personal workload and schedules
- Actively responsive to fluctuating business workloads
- Contribute to other team member’s workload as directed
- Raise workload/resource issues
- Work closely with design team
- Liaising with coders and printers respectively
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all other departments
We are passionate about our people; they’re the future of our business, which is why we invest time and effort in recruiting the perfect match! Our employees are passionate about ASOS.com, their role and the overall success of the company. We are all motivated to drive our own success and achieve individual objectives. Communication is key to any role here as our employees continually build relationships at all levels across the business. We’re fast paced, so all employees need to able to adapt to change pretty quickly, be enthused and excited about what’s around the corner for us.
Some key skills that you need:
- Experience of Artworking digital design is crucial
- Experience of Artworking with an impressive portfolio demonstrating your work.
- A BA/HND in a relevant field is an advantage
- Fully conversant in Adobe Creative Suite – MAC platform
- Flash skills advantageous
- Superb layout skills, fantastic typography and good retouching skills.
- Previous experience working with a content management system (CMS)
- Understanding of HTML, (FTP software uploading) and all other technical requirements
- Commercial, design and functionality partnership
- PC literate
- Good verbal and written communication
- Motivated and displays initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Adaptable to change and flexible
- Previous experience with a fashion retailer or a fashion/lifestyle magazine is an advantage.
- Bilingual language skills would be advantageous
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Senior Print Designer - 11.30am-8pm start ASAP
- Become Recruitment UK
- Central London
- £34,000 to 36,000 p/a
Technical Creative Artworker start ASAP
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- West London
- £23,000 to 25,000 p/a