Visual Design Lead for AmazonThis job listing has expired
Visual Design Lead - Slough
You are passionate about visual customer experience, and delivering world-class graphic solutions. You have demonstrated success translating business goals to an inspiring creative direction. You start with the customer in your thinking, understanding that what you do is critical to creating a successful shopping experience.
Who We Are
The Visual Experience Design (VXD) team sets the design direction for Amazon’s global online retail websites. We are responsible for branding and the creative development of style guides for a wide range of services, features and categories (Books, Movies, Music, Video Games, Electronics, Beauty, Sports, Baby, and many more) for Amazon websites around the world. Our aim is to deliver intuitive and compelling designs that create a world-class customer experience. The European team is based in Slough.
- Prepare promotional graphics for the Amazon EU sites to the existing standards and guidelines.
- Undertake individual and team projects to develop engaging graphic design techniques and functionality for customers, bringing innovation to the sites.
- Work closely with fellow international Designers to ensure the EU sites maintain high standards of graphic design, brand consistency, usability, and conversion.
- Partner with internal clients in multiple locations, advising on image creation and layout, to meet creative and business goals.
- Provide relevant design documentation, style guides, and specifications.
- Understand and respond to promotion performance data, steering the strategy of future creative directions.
- Create working web pages or page components using Dreamweaver, HTML & CSS.
- Participate in team meetings, ideas generation, and constructive-critique of output by the entire team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications/Graphic Design or commensurate experience.
- Desmonstrable industry experience producing graphic design for web & print
- A remarkable portfolio that demonstrates excellence in graphic composition and typography.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of web architecture, usability, UX and UI Design beneficial.
- Expert understanding of graphics creation and manipulation optimised for palette, size, and speed of download.
- A proven ability to work for multiple teams across a broad range of product ranges and synthesize feedback and input from product teams, copywriters, marketers.
- Strong written/verbal communication and collaborative skills.
- Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities.
- Demonstrated business acumen and customer-centricity.
- Experience with post-production techniques and at least a working knowledge of the printing process.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced online environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Vector-based illustration skills beneficial.
- Experience of retail environments would be beneficial
- European language skills beyond English are beneficial to the role (French, German Spanish), but not essential.
Please submit cover letter with URL to your online portfolio.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Design Team Leader start asap
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Freelance graphic designer start 23/05/2013
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- £16 to 20 /h